The holiday season is traditionally a time of expressing gratitude. Showing your support for the community via your marketing efforts is one of the best ways to spread holiday cheer.
Getting involved in the community creates warm feelings all around and helps your business too. In fact, 77% of consumers report that they are more likely to support brands that share their values while giving back to their neighbors. Here are 3 good ways you can get involved in the Gulf Coast Community this holiday season.
1. Advertise in Meredith Shows
An excellent way to express your gratitude to shoppers and show support for the community is to give consumers a gift they can receive in their own homes. When you sponsor holiday-themed programming, you help bring joy to the public as they celebrate the season with their families and loved ones. You also create positive exposure at a time when consumers are especially interested in finding brands they can trust.
This holiday season, Meredith Gulf Coast will be airing the following on FOX10:
- Make it Merry. Featuring recipes and cooking instructions for delicious appetizers, main dishes, and cocktails, this Allrecipes show is part of the holiday lineup this year. Businesses that cater to at-home cooks and anyone who likes to eat and drink would find a strong audience here.
- Ultimate Christmas Cookie Exchange. This program from Better Homes and Gardens magazine ignites a passion for yearly traditions. Loyal customers may be found among those in the market for last minute gift ideas that can still be handmade.
- Southern Living Thanksgiving and Christmas Episodes. Southern Living magazine defines holidays in the South. America's most trusted Southern kitchen guides viewers through traditional holiday fare and creative ways to decorate, entertain, and make seasonal gifts. Family owned businesses and that have been around for generations, as well as new businesses looking to establish a loyal following, would both do well to advertise here.
Aligning your brand with these holiday lifestyle programs introduces you to new customers and reinforces your relationships with existing ones. Your media partner can match your business to the best programs and time slots for reaching your target audience.
2. Community-centric Goodwill
In today's climate, young shoppers in particular are very attuned to philanthropic activities and the role businesses play in giving back to the community. When companies enhance the local community, they see a corresponding increase in foot traffic. Embracing socially responsible policies is essential to a company's long-term success, and consumers respond positively to businesses that get involved with local causes.
Meredith Gulf Coast is known for 10 Caring Gifts, which involves working with Volunteers of America and area advertisers to collect food, coats, jackets, mittens, scarves, toys, caring kits, and much more to distribute to those in need within the community.
Seventy-three percent of American shoppers consider a brand's charitable work when making a purchase. Cause marketing lets potential and existing customers see your business actively making a difference in the community. Over half of adult shoppers say they would switch to a company that supports a cause they believe in. Your media partner can assist you in incorporating the issues you care about into your marketing effort.
Your Community-centered Holiday Marketing Campaign
Making an impression on the community during the holidays is one of the best marketing tactics you can utilize. Showing you care about your community goes a long way toward customer acquisition and retention. Working with a media partner can help you to align your brand with community initiatives that will benefit everyone involved.
The professionals at Meredith Gulf Coast have the experience and expertise to help you connect with the community this holiday season. We offer a wide array of marketing products from broadcast television to targeted digital to help you get your message out. Contact us today to get your holiday campaign started.